This programme aims to:
- Assist students in developing their English proficiency through the study of and exposure to a wide range of professional communicative contexts, locally and internationally.
- Acquaint students with a basic theoretical understanding of the use of English in Professional Communication, and the impact of globalization on the use of English.
- Cultivate students' ability to analyze the English language, and its use in specific professional and business contexts.
- Develop in students an appreciation for the relationship between communication and culture, bringing an awareness of the roles and rules of language both within and across a range of intercultural and intra-cultural contexts.
- Offer students basic training in the use of English in professional and corporate communication.
- Develop in students the ability to critically evaluative and reflect on language use and build their interpersonal skills for different professional contexts.
|Total number of credit units||15|
For students admitted to the Minor with Catalogue Term Semester A 2019/20 and thereafter
|EN3525||English in Corporate and Professional Communication||B3||3||EN3525.pdf|
|EN2837||Communicating Fashion Culture||B2||3||EN2837.pdf|
|EN3321||Public Speaking and Presentations in English||B3||3||EN3321.pdf|
|EN3513||Promotional Writing in English||B3||3||EN3513.pdf|
|EN3561||Advertising Copywriting in English||B3||3||EN3561.pdf|
|EN3586||Workplace Culture and Interaction||B3||3||EN3586.pdf|
|EN3592||Professional and Corporate Discourse||B3||3||EN3592.pdf|
|EN3596||English Summer Programme||B3||3||EN3596.pdf|
|EN4166||Writing and the Modern World||B4||3||EN4166.pdf|
|EN4505||Intercultural Organizational Communication and Institutional Interaction||B4||3||EN4505.pdf|
|EN4511||English in Creative and Cultural Professions||B4||3||EN4511.pdf|
|EN4519||Public Relations Writing in English||B4||3||EN4519.pdf|
|EN4564||Strategic Business Communication in English||B4||3||EN4564.pdf|
|EN4565||Negotiation in Professional Contexts||B4||3||EN4565.pdf|
|EN4573||Language in Law and Crime||B4||3||EN4573.pdf|
|EN4574||Communication Strategies in Business Projects||B4||3||EN4574.pdf|
- Not all electives can be offered in any one year.
- Any student would like to declare a minor should take at least half of the coursework at the Department. That is 8 out of 15 credit units for a minor. In this connection, coursework exemption or credit transfer should be limited to a maximum of 7.