Eligible new full-time PhD students will be considered for the award of the Postgraduate Studentship as part of their application for admission to a research degree programme. Separate applications are not required. Please note the following points:
- The Postgraduate Studentship is granted on the basis of academic merit.
- Students will normally be granted the Studentship for a maximum of three years.
- The Studentship award period should not exceed students' stipulated study period.
- The studentship rates are subject to revision in September of every year, and any revision to the rates will apply to both current and new students.
- Studentship recipients are normally required to undertake up to six hours of academic-related duties per week as assigned by the Department. They shall not engage in any paid employment without the prior approval of the University.